Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Lessons of the Power of Ten



I am really shocked and amazed after I saw the video. Frankly speaking, I have never thought 10s can bring us explore something grand like outer space and something tiny like quark and atom.  The Power of Ten” not only amazed me but also give me some lessons of both my life and Marketing part. 


Life Lessons

 As a student of marketing, it is really easy to meet bottle necks during the process of making up a campaign or marketing project. However, this video taught me to “ re-frame the question”, which means to look at the questions or problems from different aspects. Taking a step forward to the question may help me to learn more about the question and find out the crucial part that I have missed. On the other hand, taking a step back would help to learn more about the related content of the question.

All of these are alike the content in the video, taking a step back or forth allows me to see something big and small, which I think it would be extremely helpful in my future life, especially the moments that I have to make decisions.


Digital Marketing 

From the aspect of digital marketing, video “power of ten” reminds me the importance of UX (Want to learn more about UX? Click here!). I know it is quite a weird connection, but I think every marketer should really apply “The Power of Ten” when they are working on their digital stuff, including mobile apps and social media. In modern world, there are many digital things make people’s lives easier, but just a few of them are easy to use. Apple and Microsoft would be the best examples to support my points of view. Products from Microsoft do bring convenience to our lives, but they seldom provide a good UX at all. On the contrast, Apple devices not only bring convenience but also great UX. Designers would really take a step back and forward to see their product while they are designing to create a digital product that really bring brilliant UX to their users.

In sum, video “the power of ten” really amazed me and brought me a lot of new thought about the my life and marketing. Taking a step backward or forward can definitely help you explore something new about the world!      

No comments:

Post a Comment